Friday, March 19, 2010

"Sometimes I Feel ... (sad, mad, sleepy, excited, happy)"

Here is a song I came up with for a client for the purpose of:
1)  Identifying emotion of either anger or sadness that the client seems to be feeling
2)  Allowing for expression of the emotion (release)
3)  Allowing for discussion to identify the specific circumstance/incident that lead to this emotion

NOTE: This song starts out with "SAD" emotion and then moves through emotions, ending on "HAPPY". This was purposeful and appropriate for the client for which this was intended/recommended. This allows you to meet the client where they are (sad, i.e.), gives opportunity for the client to identify/express the emotion as well as to identify the scenario that lead to this emotion, and then moves them past this (onto contentment). Again, this is appropriate for certain situations, but not for others. Feel free to contact me for info on appropriateness/implementation.

ALSO, I sometimes will start out with "MAD", and follow with "SAD". I will rewrite the verse for "MAD" to say:
"Sometimes I feel Mad,
Mad, mad, mad!
(but) sometimes when I'm mad,
I'm really feeling sad.
Do you ever feel Mad like this?"
I will implement this when appropriate to a given scenario if I think the client is masking sadness with anger (often times anger is a 'safe' emotion). Following this then with "SAD" often helps the client to recognize if they are really feeling sadness or anger. This helps with identification and expression.

Visit the "SOUND CLIPS" page of my website to listen to this song. 
 
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your own thoughts, experiences, and/or wisdom here by leaving a comment. Comments are reviewed and approved before posted.