Friday, March 12, 2010

Exciting New Social Stories Music Project!

You've heard me (read) mention of my new friend, Craig Evans, in the web autism community.  Craig hosts a wonderful site dedicated to the world of autism :  http://www.autismhangout.com/.  Craig is also a fellow musician (see past blog posting for more info on his wonderful CD that I use often in therapy!)

Craig, along with his fellow musician friends, are working on a project that I am especially excited about.  They are gathering various social stories, and putting them to music! I will be sharing with him some of my own, and I cannot wait to hear the finished product.  I am certain to get a lot of use out of these within session, and I also look forward to being able to send these with my clients for use outside of therapy.  See below excerpt from the AutismHangout webpage (or visit the page ... see link above) for more info.
_____________________________________________________________

A Call For Social Stories!! Let's Put Them To Music!
Teachers, aids, caregivers and parents, if you've a great Social Story, here's a chance to put it to music and share it with others.
It's been proven time and again that music helps open up our kids. So why not put together "the best of" our community-prepared Social Stories with music so that all our special kids can benefit? Read more here.




____________________________________________________________


I will keep you posted!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your own thoughts, experiences, and/or wisdom here by leaving a comment. Comments are reviewed and approved before posted.