Tuesday, November 3, 2009

a great social story from a fellow blogging therapist ...


There's a great blog I enjoy entitled "If Only I Had Super Powers".  The blog is hosted by a Speech-Language Pathologist/Mommy, and she has a range of topics from recipes for "Moosey Muffins" (home related topics) to "Articulation Development" (Speech Therapy related topics).  

"Therapy Thursdays" are dedicated to therapy, and it was in her most recent Thursday posting that I discovered this little social story entitled Therapy Thursday: Not Getting ChosenClick on the link above to visit the site (and to view a larger version of her social story). 

I love that she has included pictures here beside each line.  This is something I often include in my social story activities.  It serves various purposes, including drawing attention to each line (scenario/action) as well as making each line more applicable to real life situations and more concrete.

Thanks, Super Powers, for a great resource!
Jessica

1 comment:

Feel free to share your own thoughts, experiences, and/or wisdom here by leaving a comment. Comments are reviewed and approved before posted.