Friday, October 16, 2009

Here's a Little Pumpkin





Orange and Round
Sung to :  I'm a Little Teapot

C
Here's a little pumpkin,
F                   C
Orange and round,
G7                    C
Here's a little pumpkin,
G7       C
That I found.

When I get him cleaned up
F       C
I will say,
"Here's a little pumpkin
For my holiday."

-Jean Warren

The above song and signs are from one of my favorite little activity resources, Piggyback Songs to Sign.  I have mentioned this little book before, and I also have it included in my aStore in the left hand column of this blog.  This is a great little activity that can accomplish a lot.  Here are some goal areas for which this activity would be useful:

  • Teach/reinforce cognitive concepts (holiday themes, colors, shapes, etc.)


  • Increase communication skill (facilitate nonverbal communication, teach ASL)


  • Increase visual attention


  • Improve auditory attention (listening for certain auditory cue to perform task/ASL signing)


  • Improve hand/eye coordination


  • Facilitate midline/cross lateral work


  • Increase range of motion/quality of movement

You may find other great uses not represented here as well or you may enjoy building from this activity. 

Have fun and happy fall!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your own thoughts, experiences, and/or wisdom here by leaving a comment. Comments are reviewed and approved before posted.