Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Frailin' With Friends = Fun Music!


I have recently met a friend via the internet who not only hosts an autism resource website, but is a fellow musician as well.  Craig Evans hosts http://www.autismhangout.com.  I mentioned in a recent blog posting a 'webinar' that I viewed on Autism Hangout which featured Lindsey Beil and her book, Raising a Sensory Smart Child.  Since then, I have revisited the Autism Hangout website as it is a wonderful resource! In my recent visit I stumbled upon mention of Craig's wonderful CD entitled Frailin' With Friends.

Frailin' With Friends features Craig's lovely banjo (and friends) tunes.  They are toe-tapping, upbeat, and lots of fun.  "This CD of happy music was assembled as a day-brightener for those living with the daily challenges of autism. I'm also using all the proceeds from sales to fund Autism Hangout."  Visit www.autismhangout.com/directory/store.asp for more information as well as to HEAR SAMPLES of songs.


I have big plans for this wonderful CD as I implement it into my own sessions.  Thank you, Craig, for such a wonderful resource!


Jessica

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you enjoyed my webinar on Autism Hangout! You may want to link to the new edition of Raising a Sensory Smart Child (you can pick up the link on the home page and the cover art on the Media page at www.sensorysmarts.com. While the book was always applicable to people on and off the spectrum, the new edition (blue cover) has a chapter specifically about the sensory challenges and autism spectrum disorders, as well as more practical solutions for families, teens, and even adults.
    Thanks! Lindsey Biel, OTR/L, sensorysmarts.com
    P.S. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Thanks, Lindsey, for the info. You are such a wonderful resource!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your own thoughts, experiences, and/or wisdom here by leaving a comment. Comments are reviewed and approved before posted.