Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy Tunes ... I love Putumayo!

I spent the first portion of my morning at my son's school tyring to direct lost kids to their classrooms since we are in a new building this year. I was so glad that the principal asked some of the parents to do this. I can still remember having dreams about not being able to locate my classes, loosing my schedule, etc on the first day of school.

The second portion of my morning was spent grabbing a cup of hot tea at Barnes and Noble, and looking through some resources there. I am a big fan of Putumayo World Music, and was so excited to see a new one entitled "Picnic Playground".

For those of you who are unfamiliar, Putumayo World Music offers a whole line of albums which have a mix of music from around the world that fits under a related category. Some are geared toward children, and those typically have 'playground' in the title. One of my favorites is called World Playground. I love song #9 on that album (can't recall the title ... it's "#9" to me!). I also love Bob Marley's mother's version of "Three Little Birds".

This picnic cd is all food related. Visit the site for more details, to watch videos, and to download a free MP3 track from the album. Click on the cd picture above to link to the Putumayo website. From there, go to the Putumayo Kids portion of the site. Also on the site, you are able to submit your favorite recipes to the "Picnic Playground Recipe Contest" which runs until August 25. Also on the site is an area called "Teacher's Tools" that could be applicable not only to teachers but to other therapists, interventionists, parents, and others.

Also, all the artwork for these albums and related items is absolutely gorgeous! I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. Kids and adults generally seem to love the Putumayo collections.

Jessica

NOTE: Jessica Grooms is in no way responsible or involved in your ordering process of any materials recommended or listed here. Ordering materials is done independently by you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your own thoughts, experiences, and/or wisdom here by leaving a comment. Comments are reviewed and approved before posted.