Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thank you, June, for being so kind


First and foremost ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my step-father, Jose! I look forward to celebrating your bday later this evening!

Wow - can you believe it's the last day of June already? I am looking back on this first month of summer break, and hoping I've spent it wisely. As far as my family goes, I think we've made the most of it. We've celebrated 2 birthdays, Father's Day, made a weekend trip to Disney, I had a weekend NC trip with my sisters, my son has spent some nice time both at our pool and his grandmomma's pool, and we've had several beach days fit in there as well. Professionally, I think I've managed to get through this month of new clients, changed client schedules (due to summer schedules), treatment updates and meetings, and have had some great new client sessions. Thank you, June, for being so kind.

Summertime is my favorite time of the year, and there is nothing like getting to the end of your summer and realizing you didn't make the most of it. I've certainly done that before. I also find that if I stay too busy (even if it is with fun things such as trips), then my summer feels like it's gone too fast. Lazy days (or sometimes just lazy moments) are crucial!

I'm looking forward to July ... fireworks, cookouts, boat trips out to Dewey's and through Shem Creek, and good times with friend's and family, a short trip to Fontana, and lazy days. I look forward to new client progress (some I am already seeing - yay!), strengthening new client and client family relationships, and more summertime Music Therapy fun!

I relate this whole summer thing to being like a squirrel storing up for winter months. So, on some cold, grey January day I will bring out the memory of sunshine on my face, the sight of my tan faced boy playing in the surf, the smell of the grill, and the sound of the waves hitting the boat, and it will bring a little sunshine into my day.

On that note, I hope you all are enjoying your summer. Make the most of it!!!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your own thoughts, experiences, and/or wisdom here by leaving a comment. Comments are reviewed and approved before posted.