Thursday, June 25, 2009

Brand Spankin' New


Here it is - my very first blog posting. Be for warned, my friends, that this initial blog will be minus the bells and whistles as I am simply writing this today to 1) to say 'hello', and 2) to get my toes wet in the blogpool.


Each time I've considered creating a blog, I have this same thought that runs through my head. I am reminded of the many times (as a wife, mother, and therapist) of the fact that I often feel as though I cannot fit one more thing in my day.


Knock, knock, knock - enter another thought that reminds me of just how much I have gained from reading other blogs. I tend to blog more on a professional basis, and I have great appreciation for colleagues and such who have shared wisdom and experiences through their own blogs, many of which have aided me in some way or another.


Creative minds can be a gift, but can also come with the curse of creativity overload. How many of you who have a 'creative mind' find yourself needing to pull in the reigns on some of the thoughts, interests, and ideas you have that continually bombard your mind (and schedule!). I certainly do. There are so many things that I research due to my professional interest in anything and everything that relates to the field of Music Therapy and/or related professions. I'm hoping this can be a great outlet for those! I guess it's about time to 'give back to the blogging world' and share some of my own findings, thoughts, and fun.


Well ... Cheers! (Or should I say, "Cheer Up" ... my mother has told me the story way too many times of when I was a child and instead of saying, "cheers!", I'd raise my glass and say, "cheer up!" So, that one's for you, mom.)

Jessica









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your own thoughts, experiences, and/or wisdom here by leaving a comment. Comments are reviewed and approved before posted.