Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Birthday Present

My birthday is not until this coming Sunday (June 13), but my son surprised me with an early birthday gift last night.  It is so amazing that I had to share it!  And even more so the thought behind it. 

Well, first off I should mention that he has been so excited to finally have a job - he works at an ice cream shop and loves it! I have heard for weeks all the things he is planning on getting with the money he makes from his new job.  To his credit, though, he also requested that we open a bank account for him so that he can "save some, too, i guess".  ;)  Well, he got his first paycheck, and out of that he bought me a substantial gift (I believe he had a little help with it, but I know he spent a good chunk of his money).  The best part of the gift, though, was the thoughtfulness behind it ...

I didn't get to see him all day yesterday until I went to his job to drop something off for him.  They were really busy, and he asked me to 'stick around, mom, cuz I have something to give you, too'.  So I did.  He went in the back and brought out a card for me.  I was puzzled since it's not my birthday yet.  He asked me to open it, and inside the card were 3 tickets to the Brandy Carlile concert tonight!!! 1 ticket for me, and 1 each for my two sisters.  I love Brandy Carlile! What an amazing gift and surprise!  I was trying to contain myself enough to not embarrass him at his job so I just did a little mini version of squealing and jumping up and down.  THANK YOU, CHRISTIAN !!! You are so thoughtful and amazing! I am going to have so much fun, and I'll take lots of pictures! :)

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your own thoughts, experiences, and/or wisdom here by leaving a comment. Comments are reviewed and approved before posted.