Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Mt. Pleasant restaurant BISTRO 536 offers some gluten free options!

BISTRO 536    Both of my sweet sisters are now working at a new restaurant that just opened in Mt. Pleasant, Bistro 536 (across from Belle Hall Shopping Center - next to Subway - where the Nirlep and Seal's Fish Camp used to be).  This restaurant is owned and run by a former chef from 5 Loaves (downtown).

"Alastair Nairn is offering Mount Pleasant a new casual, upscale dining experience. As owner and head chef, Alastair wanted to give customers eclectic food at fair prices. With inventive food pairings, Bistro 536 is sure to surprise the senses."  http://bistro536.com/


I have had the opportunity to dine there a few times, and as most of you know, I am allergic to gluten.  This significantly limits not only my food options, but my 'eating out' options.  The chefs and staff at Bistro 536 are able to provide me with gluten free options, and (even more) I trust their knowledge about not only what contains gluten, but proper food prep as well.

I just wanted to share this info with all my fellow gluten intolerants ... it's nice to know our options.  "YEAH!!! ANOTHER RESTAURANT WE CAN EAT AT!"

Please spread the word! I want this restaurant to do well for several reasons ...

1)  This is not a chain, but owned and run by locals
2)  The owners and staff support the "buy local" mindset, and include this within certain menu items
3)  I really want to keep one of the few places that provides safe eating for those with gluten sensitivities
4)  The food is high quality and amazing!

Visit the BISTRO 536 website (see above) or find them on FB! Actually, just go in. 

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your own thoughts, experiences, and/or wisdom here by leaving a comment. Comments are reviewed and approved before posted.