Friday, January 15, 2010

Haiti



I wanted to express my love, thoughts, support, and grief for Haiti, but it's hard to put anything into words when it's all so unbelievable.

It's so hard to imagine so many people gone. It's hard to fatham so many of the remaining people roaming the streets with terrible injuries with no medical treatment available. And the sights they have to see ...

Its unimaginable the thought of a mommy or daddy holding their injured child knowing that they cannot do anything to 'make it better'. And then the people who are trapped. I watched a video of someone being rescued, and I couldn't help but think of the shock she was still in for once she saw what her land and people are facing ... to go through being trapped and terrified and alone to the realities of what is going on on the outside. I just can't fathom.

I'm so sorry for you all, Haiti. Nothing I am doing here at the moment seems even a fraction as important as what you are going through, and I sincerely wish I could come there right now to do whatever ... whatever would help.

Like so many around the world, you are on my mind and heart, and I am sending up prayers for you all.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your own thoughts, experiences, and/or wisdom here by leaving a comment. Comments are reviewed and approved before posted.