Monday, October 8, 2012

Here's A Little Pumpkin

                                                                                                Happy Fall!                                                                                    Here is a little Fall activity that is very simple and can be implemented at home on your own ...








Orange and Round
Sung to :  I'm a Little Teapot

C
Here's a little pumpkin,
F                   C
Orange and round,
G7                    C
Here's a little pumpkin,
G7       C
That I found.

When I get him cleaned up
F       C
I will say,
"Here's a little pumpkin
For my holiday."

-Jean Warren

The above song and signs are from one of my favorite little activity resources, Piggyback Songs to Sign.  I have mentioned this little book before, and I also have it included in my aStore in the left hand column of this blog.  This is a great little activity that can accomplish a lot.  Here are some goal areas for which this activity would be useful:

  • Teach/reinforce cognitive concepts (holiday themes, colors, shapes, etc.)


  • Increase communication skill (facilitate nonverbal communication, teach ASL)


  • Increase visual attention


  • Improve auditory attention (listening for certain auditory cue to perform task/ASL signing)


  • Improve hand/eye coordination


  • Facilitate midline/cross lateral work


  • Increase range of motion/quality of movement

You may find other great uses not represented here as well or you may enjoy building from this activity.  Ideas welcome!

Have fun and happy fall,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your own thoughts, experiences, and/or wisdom here by leaving a comment. Comments are reviewed and approved before posted.