Monday, October 8, 2012

Helping kids deal with anxiety ... a great resource!

 http://astore.amazon.com/musithermome-20/detail/1591473144

Hello! Just wanted to share with you one of my favorite resources.  I LOVE THIS BOOK! I've used it a good bit in therapy, in various ways, with applicable clients.  It has been such a great little asset to intervention.

Also, I have one client who has a particular interest and fascination with this book, even though I had never actually used it with her in session.  After I noticed that she was constantly requesting the book over the course of 2 consecutive sessions, I realized that, although she seems to not appear anxious and such, there may be something to this.  So, I followed her lead, and implemented the book into session.  Once I did this, I realized she needed it.  This book happened to be the vehicle to let me know that she was having some stress related issues (although she often appears to be a happy-go-lucky little girl).

Anyhow ... great book!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your own thoughts, experiences, and/or wisdom here by leaving a comment. Comments are reviewed and approved before posted.