Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"Music Therapy Glimpses" - ODETTA at the Music Has Power™ Awards

WOW! In a recent music therapy search on youtube, I found some amazing accounts of music therapy in action.  Of course, there are the impostors, too, but I enjoyed just soaking all the good stuff in! There are a good many more samplings of MT on youtube than the last time I searched. 

I have decided to showcase some of the good ones here on my blog.  I will dedicate this week to "Music Therapy Glimpses".  Check back each day for daily videos!

I want to open with a video clip of the great ODETTA as she presents at the "Music Has Power™ Awards".  I will follow up each day with video clips of actual music therapy clips/music therapy songs in sessions/session clips/etc.




Jessica

1 comment:

  1. As a little aside ... This woman is music. She really represents what I consider to be a "true musician". Notice how she is not caught up in herself, even though she is being honored here and the audience is in great anticipation to here HER. See how she is so moved by listening to the voices of the audience that she stops singing, encouraging them to continue, as she marinates in the music for a moment. wow. that is music. that is a musician, one who does not just use music to give them a platform, but humbly joins as a part of something they recognize as far greater than them. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your own thoughts, experiences, and/or wisdom here by leaving a comment. Comments are reviewed and approved before posted.