Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Community Night

Hello to my Friends at Healing Farms - 

I just read the below message from your blog, and wanted to tell you that I was glad to be there with you all last Wednesday evening.  Thank you for inviting me to share some (somewhat improv) music therapy with you.  It was a massive group, yes, but it all worked out ;) You are a sweet group of people, offering something priceless to our friends who came.  I, also, was certainly grateful to have been able to get the attention of the majority of the group, considering the numbers! I loved seeing how excited and willing they all were to participate ... to see that sheer joy in some of their faces was beautiful.  It's pretty amazing ... the way that a group of volunteers and professionals are working together to provide something that will make these folks feel special, and they are the ones that make us feel special. 

I saw one of our friends at the Blessing of the Fleet this past weekend.  He recognized me, and came up to say hello.  He just seemed so happy, and that made me happy. 

Anyhow, thank you for a great experience, and keep doing what you are doing!
Jessica


Friday, May 14, 2010


As if it could get any better!


So, our first Community Night was amazing, who would have ever thought that it could be topped?! Learning a lesson from last month, when I saw 84 people registered I added 10 more to that number. Expecting a little less than 100 people, I set up the tables, chairs, lemonade etc.


Though we were a little short on volunteers due to illness, I still thought we'd have plenty of people to ensure that our guests enjoyed their time with us. Then 6:00 came...


by 6:30 the 4000 sq foot room was completely full. David said the blessing and added an extra prayer asking God to multiply the food! By 7:00 we had over 140 people eating, laughing, singing and enjoying the company of one another. When music therapist, Jessica Grooms arrived to lead the group in song, she quickly adjusted her agenda and (along with her helpers from CSU) somehow got the attention of the whole room.


We learned new songs, met new friends and had an awesome time.


Thank you to all of our wonderful volunteers for having open hearts, smiling faces and willing spirits! Join the fun next month, just let me know how many people to expect!
- Healing Farm Ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your own thoughts, experiences, and/or wisdom here by leaving a comment. Comments are reviewed and approved before posted.